14 - PAX Seattle - Day 0

PAX - Day 0

PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) is held annually in Seattle, Boston, Philadelphia, and San Antonio in the United States; and Melbourne in Australia. If you’re a geek this place is heaven! This year almost 100,000 people attended PAX West in Seattle. We were invited to go to PAX West, although no invitation is needed. It's first come first served with tickets you purchase online. This thing is so big that we saw many scalpers that were selling badges to get into PAX.

We landed in Seattle around 2:30 pm got to the hotel around 3:30 or 4 pm. After we got things situated in our rooms we went down to the hotel restaurant/bar. In our company, there is hubby (Randell) and I, Dave (in charge of social media because you need someone to do this and nothing but this) and Troels our friend and musician from Denmark. Troels didn’t get in until around 6 or 6:30 pm and by that time he had been up for around 20 hours. After he got settled into the room he shared with Dave he met us downstairs at the restaurant/bar. By that time we had had a couple of drinks and some super yummy seafood.

I told them to act like they were in love! emoticon

Trying to stick a fry up Dave’s nose (not really) emoticon

Hotel lounge area where you can just sit and talk.

I've never felt so safe wandering around in a big city like Seattle before. There were tons of cops on bicycles and in patrol cars everywhere. I don't know if it's always like that or if it was that way because there were 100,000 people there that don't live there normally.

Overall a great first day and really looking forward to the start of the craziness tomorrow!

GiggleHorse Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram LinkedIn

1 Like