The Dark Lord is among us!
Horse Power equals Rendering
For our games, and all the work I do, I use 3DS Max to render everything, backed by other modeling tools like ZBrush and what not. So a few years back my super stupid best friend Dave built me a render box which I was certain was going to be the end all render box. It was so powerful, I told him to name it “Deep Thought”, but when I got it, I realized a few weeks later that it had been named “Deep Throat”. What a dick! Never thought I would have a better box. At the time everything was going GPU based for rendering, until Max started shipping with ART renderer and Arnold (used in Blade Runner 2049). However, Arnold and ART are CPU based.
If the upside down cross scares you, don’t worry it is cancel out by this one!
So given that he knew I use ART and Arnold for my work, he worked closely with Satan to create a system to do thy bidding! Here are some specs on the new Render Box.
- Windows 7 Pro (wanted to stay away from 10 still)
- 2x E5-2687w v2 3.4Ghz 8 core (16 – Cores Total)
- 16x ECC Registered CL9 DIMM Dual (128 GB RAM)
- 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (2TB SSD)
- 2x Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s
- MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X (GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC)
- Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic SB0460
- Amazing paint and gfx by MoxyDave!!!
- Cheap Chinese 24″ LED strip with remote (Kingwin?)
- Magnetic devil skull
- Farts and poop (for extra power)
Satan sells products don’t you know?!
*For those of you that don’t know, I don’t believe in the existence of Satan, but don’t tell him that, because it might ruin our sales.